Iyinoluwa “E” Aboyeji is regarded as one of the most successful African entrepreneurs of our time. He’s helped launch two of Africa’s best known and best funded startups, Flutterwave and Andela. While at Andela, a company training African developers and hiring them out to global tech companies, he and his team secured a $24 million investment Facebook founder Mark Zuckerburg.
Today, E is building an African future where tech and innovation will enable so much abundance that prosperity and purpose is within everyone’s reach via the Future Africa Fund.
During the episode, we discuss:
- His upbringing in Nigeria, studying abroad in Canada and how his mom’s entrepreneurial endeavors inspired his
- Some of the biggest lessons he learned building Andela and how he overcame fundraising challenges often faced by African-led startups
- His thoughts on what some of the most urgent challenges Africa is facing are—and how we can transform them into global business opportunities
- Why Africa continues to be a “hidden gem” that the world overlooks
- How you can invest in African-led startups via the Future Collective
Learn more about Future Collective: https://www.future.africa
Become a Patreon & support the show: https://www.patreon.com/deardiaspora
Join me and Certified Africa in Ghana now: https://deardiasporashow.com/ghana2020/
Subscribe to Dear Diaspora’s newsletter: http://eepurl.com/gZpu79
Dear Diaspora Twitter: https://twitter.com/deardiasporapod
Dear Diaspora Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deardiaspora/
How to Listen:
“Our people went and built the world and got nothing for it. Now with technology, when we can build the whole world and actually get something for it, I’m excited to see what we do with that power.” – Iyinoluwa Aboyeji