For today’s episode, tune in to hear from the founders of the new home to the most innovative, melanin-focused, independent brands of the African Diaspora. Yard and Parish features a collective of affordable luxury online providing access to items that champion a natural, conscious, and colourful lifestyle.
Co-founders Alesha and Samantha’s time studying and working in the UK inspired them to have a go at solving a global cultural issue. Until now, it really hasn’t been simple or straightforward to find or buy from ethnic designers, or even to buy chemical-free products for afro hair and skin unless we live in specific neighbourhoods. They recognized that this is an issue everywhere women of color are considered a minority and so they aspire to be the most accessible one-stop shop for our generation.
During the episode, they share:
- Their experience living in Ontario/starting their businesses in the UK
- What inspired them to get started with Yard and Parish
- How they build relationships with vendors they work with
- How they’re connecting with customers during this pandemic
- The power of community
- The biggest lessons they’ve learned so far as entrepreneurs + more!
Shop Yard and Parish: https://www.yardandparish.com
Follow Yard and Parish on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/yardandparish/
Subscribe to Dear Diaspora’s newsletter: http://eepurl.com/gZpu79
Dear Diaspora Twitter: https://twitter.com/deardiasporapod
Dear Diaspora Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deardiaspora/
Dear Diaspora FB Community: https://www.facebook.com/deardiaspora