For today’s episode, I had the pleasure of interviewing Shola Salako, Founder and CEO of BomaLink, a global business community and professional networking platform and service that connects members with African opportunities in Africa.
Shola was born in the US and spent his formative years in Nigeria. After returning to the US for college, he developed an interest in technology and began his career in tech.
Today, Shola is the CEO of Optimal Business Systems, an Information Technology solutions provider firm based in Michigan, USA. Shola is a serial entrepreneur and president/CEO of The Sholes Group, where he manages a number of technology-based ventures.
During the episode, he shares:
- His upbringing and what going to boarding school in Nigeria was like
- How his experience at the African Champions Boma motivated him to develop BomaLink
- His work with the African Union and African leadership to identify opportunities for the BomaLink platform
- The biggest lessons he’s learned as an entrepreneur
- His grand vision for BomaLink to become the central marketplace for opportunities, resources, cross-continental partnerships and beyond!
“African is not seen the way I see it. Africa is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been.” – Shola Salako
Sign up for BomaLink: www.bomalink.com
Connect with me on BomaLink: https://www.bomalink.com/member/nduulwa-kowa
Learn more about the Afrochampions Initiative: http://www.afrochampions.com
Subscribe to Dear Diaspora’s newsletter: http://eepurl.com/gZpu79
Dear Diaspora Twitter: https://twitter.com/deardiasporapod
Dear Diaspora Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deardiaspora/
Dear Diaspora FB Community: https://www.facebook.com/deardiaspora