Blk Pod Collective was created to fill the void of adequate representation for African-Americans within the podcast industry. We provide support, visibility, and educational resources to ensure that our community has the tools needed to start, grow and sustain their platforms.
Ona Oghogho is the Founder & Creative Director of Blk Pod Collective (BPC). Ona’s background in production and event management tied with her passion for bringing others stories to life allows for her to make sure that each event, program, and partnership strategically aligns with the needs of The Collective.
During the episode, Ona shares:
- Her experience growing up a first-generation American in Atlanta, GA
- How her passion for podcasting and storytelling encouraged her to start the Blk Pod Collective
- How to create authentic content and disrupt the status quo in podcasting
- How podcasting can be used as a tool to connect the Diaspora
- What excites her about the future of podcasting
Listen to Blk Pod Collective: The Podcast:https://www.blkpodcollective.com/thepodcast
Get in touch with Ona: email@example.com
Subscribe to Dear Diaspora’s newsletter: http://eepurl.com/gZpu79
Dear Diaspora Twitter: https://twitter.com/deardiasporapod
Dear Diaspora FB Community: https://www.facebook.com/deardiaspora
Dear Diaspora Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deardiaspora/
“It excites me to see so many people that look like me coming into the field and creating content that educates our community.” – Ona Oghogho