Happy Sunday Dear Diaspora fam! Thanks for tuning in to episode 31 of the show. For today’s episode, I had the pleasure of interviewing Mazuba Kapambwe.
Mazuba Kapambwe is a Zambian freelance writer whose work has appeared in Paper Magazine, Okay Africa, CNN Travel and more. She has a travel podcast called Mwende Bwino which was listed as one of the top 5 Zambian podcasts of 2020 by Nkwazi Magazine. Mazuba holds a Bachelors in Africana Studies and is currently pursuing a master’s degree in the same field.
During the episode, she shares more about:
- Her experience living and working in Zambia as a creative and freelancer
- How her passion for travel inspired her to launch the Mwende Bwino podcast
- What traveling with an African passport is really like
- What makes Zambia a great first country to visit on the Continent
- How we can encourage more intra-African travel and support African creatives
Tune in for more!
Check out Mwende Bwino’s latest episode: https://soundcloud.com/mwendebwinopodcast/how-corona-has-changed-travel-and-tourism-in-africa
Read Mazuba’s short story Munkoyo (long-listed for the 2019 Kalemba Short Story Prize): https://medium.com/@mazubaka/munkoyo-4b2dd9b66e70
Follow Mwende Bwino on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MwendeBwino?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Follow Mwende Bwino on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mwendebwinopodcast/
Dear Diaspora on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deardiaspora/
Join the Dear Diaspora FB Community: https://www.facebook.com/deardiaspora